May 20, 2009

Rihanna did whaaaaaaaaa?!

Not too long ago Rihanna recovered from the alleged "Chris Brown attack" and, in fact, decided to forgive him and even marry him. After that, just in case the world didn't think she was crazy enough, she decided to take some nude pictures of herself--wait, wha?


If there still are some people out there who are a little skeptical of Rihanna's insanity, I've got some further proof that she has truly fallen off her rocker. Recently, she has decided to spend her time hitting the strip club's. That's right, it's been confirmed that Rihanna has been attending "Flash Dancers" which is a gentleman's club on Broadway [1]. It wasn't even a woman's strip club, it was a gentleman's club! According to sources she and her posse were having a good time and tipping the dancers frequently [1]. This doesn't seem like typical Rihanna behaviour to me, but considering the direction she is heading lately, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

One can't deny that Rihanna is a central point of attention in the media lately. Go ahead and google: "Rihanna news" and see how many articles you find. The article I cited above was one I had first read two months ago. Just today I attempted to relocate it and use it in my blog. I quickly found myself lost in page after page of Rihanna news trying to find this one article. I was so surprised that Rihanna had generated so many articles in the past 2 months. There must be at least one article everyday of the week about her.

As I write this I can't help but get a sense of Deja Vu, like I've written about this before...but when? Oh that's right! The Britney Spears blog of course! I find this whole case awfully similar. You know the story: a young teen gets swooped into instant stardom, the world falls in love with her, people begin to idolize her, her life soon becomes a display, it starts to get to her head, slowly her sensibility deteriorates and eventually she goes, basically, crazy. Britney Spears is a walking example of this, as is Lindsay Lohan and many more. Miley Cyrus is another who is slipping and Rihanna is the next in line for crazy train. Is it just a coincidence that almost every female teen idol has a mental disorder? Or is it something developed over time? Should every young aspiring celebrity be warned of the terrible side effects of instant stardom? Is seems to be that this whole wing of the entertainment business is a health hazard.

I'm glad Rihanna is aware of her slight insanity, I'll leave you with a line from her song "Disturbia":

What's wrong with me?
Why do I feel like this?
I'm going crazy now [2]


Haha, I found it humorous too.



References:

[1] Gibson, Cristina., Ashley Fultz, and Claudia Rosenbalim. Rihanna Hits the Strip Club. 20 May 2009. 13 June 2009 .

[2] Rihanna, "Disturbia", Good Girl Gone Bad, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment